Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Letter to Mother Nature

Dear Mother Nature,

I don't know who did what to piss you off but let me offer my sincerest apology. Maybe you're going through some sort of personal problems and you've decided to take it out on us peons.

I personally don't enjoy August weather in April. Quite frankly I don't enjoy August in August. I really don't enjoy having the high temperature jumping 25 degrees overnight. But who am I to tell you what to do. You wanted a 4 day heat wave in April. OK.

You know, it's not just me. The daffodils aren't happy. Have you looked at them lately? They're done. Some of the fruit trees have bloomed and now I hear you're thinking of dropping the temps into the 30's. That's not nice.

Now, the bugs are loving you. They're hatchin' and flyin' around, all crazy buzzin' about. But, what will they think of you tomorrow? If it is 28 degrees cooler than today will they be singing your praises? I don't think so. I don't even want to think about the poor butterflies.

You know we all do better with gradual changes. We like things to be predictable. But you need to have some fun and shake it up a little. I get that. I don't like it, but I get it. I hope you got it out of your system.

By the way nice touch with the wind tonight. Will the house blow off the foundation? I will have to wake up tomorrow and see.

I'm putting away the shorts and getting the spring jacket back out. Enough of the crazy stuff. Please?

Love Ya',
Cori

1 comment:

  1. Weather's not so great over here either! It was really nice a month ago, but then rain, rain, rain this week. It stinks alright.

    ReplyDelete