Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Cape Cod Camping

I have some how managed to live this long without ever having gone camping. I guess it wasn't something my family was into.

So I didn't hesitate when my friend asked me to go camping with her and her 2 1/2 year old daughter. I mean why not give it a try while my back is still young enought to surrvive sleeping in a tent.

Here's the tent.


It rained quite a bit (not what a first time camper wanted) so here is our table under a tarp.


Brace yourselves dear bloggers, here's a rare picture of me with a yummy lobster.


The Cape Cod coast as seen from a whale watching boat. (Notice the tower?)



This tower is in Provincetown.



I walked to the of the tower and here is the view.




Nice cloud.


This is a blurry whale tail.


Whale dorsal fin.


This is a long stone wall that is a shortcut but it isn't a short walk. We didn't make it all the way across because some things are too much for a toddler and some toddlers are too much to carry.



I loved this flag.



The great dog flag was on this boat.




There's just sometihing about lighthouses. They always look good.


We got a nice day so we went to the beach.




These were the clouds on the drive back home.


I took this trip in early September during my blogless time. I absolutely loved Cape Cod and camping was fun. I would do it again. (I slept on an air mattress so no back ache.

4 comments:

  1. Cori, the scenery was so beautiful but the lobster kept taking my eye away from it. YUM!

    Glad you had fun! We used to tent camp 35 years ago when my son was young and all I have to show for it is some great funny stories!

    Cheers,
    Jo, Stella's Mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had lobster on a camping trip? Wow. I used to live in Bristol, RI and traveled over the Northeast a lot. Sometimes I kinda miss it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely photos...I didnt realise the place was so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi. I have a blog at www.picturecamping.com where I feature people's posts about camping, and I would like to send my readers your way. Of course I would give you credit for quotes and would link back to your site.

    Thanks for considering this,

    Jean B. in SC

    PS: Please check out our raffle to support KOA Care Camps for children with cancer @ http://cli.gs/qXh15Y. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete