Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I hate the melt


So for three days now it has been melting. All my beautiful snow is melting. I take some comfort in the fact that it has been melting for three days and there is still some left. And I hope so very much that the melting will stop before it all goes away. This is the hardest thing for me to watch. I mean you know, watching bad things happening to animals or small children is far harder to watch and I can avoid that but the snow is right out the window and I have to see it every time I go outside. Very unavoidable. Locking myself in some windowless room isn't an option. So the snow is gone from the roof and there are places where I can see dead grass. It is almost physically painful. I was so happy when I got back from FL and found that there was more snow than when I left. I only had two days to enjoy before it started melting.

No comments:

Post a Comment